Why it's a no-no to kiss a newborn infant!
Most of us are aware of the dangers of kissing a baby. The evident reason is that babies are prone to illnesses since their immune system is still developing. Also, they haven't been immunized against many diseases yet, so even a mild kiss could be fatal. Furthermore, hazardous bacteria that are resting on your body and clothes could pass on to the newborn.
This may seem obvious, but let's delve more into the dangers of kissing a baby, the symptoms to look out for, and the safeguards that parents should take.
Risks of kissing a baby
For normal development, newborns require affection. There is nothing wrong with kissing your baby, but you need to be alert to the risks involved, not only as a precaution but also so that you can advise visitors accordingly. The first rule of thumb for kissing a baby is to never kiss a baby near the baby's mouth. Doing so will increase your risk of spreading germs and disease.
So, let's have a look at the actual dangers of kissing a baby:
- Cold sores: This is, without a doubt, the most dangerous of the bunch. If a person has cold sores, also known as oral herpes and fever blisters, they may pass them on to the infant even if they only give a peck on the hand. HSV 1 (Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1) causes the illness, which begins with blisters around the lips and mouth and subsequently spreads to the cheeks and chin. A couple lost their 18-day-old baby to this terrible sickness that was thought to be transmitted through kissing not long ago. So keep your baby away from anyone who has been diagnosed with cold sores or is experiencing symptoms.
- Respiratory illness: It takes around 8 years for the lungs to fully develop, so you can imagine how underdeveloped a newborn's respiratory system is. Any respiratory ailment virus transmitted to the newborn through kissing could be dangerous. The infection could cause swelling in the baby's lungs with tiny air tubes, making breathing difficult for them.
- Kissing disease: Kissing illness, also known as mononucleosis, is an infection transmitted through kissing. Although it is known to afflict teenagers and adults more frequently, it can also harm neonates. The illness causes a runny nose and fussy behavior in infants and toddlers, and in rare situations, it can also cause respiratory difficulties. It is highly contagious and incurable. Only until the child's immune system is strong enough to resist it can it be treated.
- Hand, foot, and mouth disease: Hand, foot, and mouth disease usually occurs at some point in childhood and is characterized by ulcers on the entire body and mouth of the child. This disease can spread by any touch, including a kiss. In such circumstances, children become weary, have a sore throat, and become irritable. They are even afflicted with a fever. Any sick adult or child should avoid coming into close contact with your infant or kissing him, even on his tiny hands.
- Cavities: We all know that a high sugar diet combined with poor dental care can lead to cavities. As new parents, we should be aware that a bacteria known as Streptococcus Mutans can be transmitted to a newborn through the saliva of someone who has cavities. While kissing a newborn might cause the transfer, even simple actions such as blowing on food to chill it down for the baby can cause it.
- Risks associated with skincare products: Skincare products are a necessity for many adults. While we are not immune to the acute dangers that these items pose, babies are not. These items contain harmful chemicals that can cause severe skin problems in babies and possibly put them at risk of developing cancer. It's also worth noting that any ingredient in your lipstick or lip balm could cause an allergic reaction in a newborn.
- Food allergies: Many children and adults suffer from food allergies as a result of one or more foods. People may be unaware that their lipstick contains gluten, which can be dangerous to a child with celiac disease. It's recommended to avoid kissing on or around the baby's lips since you never know what kind of food the person has eaten, and fragments of it could still be lingering in their mouth.
Weakened immune system: Babies are most susceptible to disease during the first several months of life when their gut microbes are still developing. As a result, each child or adult who comes into touch with your newborn must ensure that they have cleaned their hands thoroughly and are free of any indications of disease. It's possible that an adult or child, uninformed of their disease, comes up to the newborn and kisses it.
In this case, babies will be exposed to bacteria and have to fight them with weak immunity. In addition, babies begin receiving immunizations at birth and continue until they reach a specific age, and they require multiple doses for the vaccine to be effective in their bodies. As a result, for the first several months, their bodies have no immunity and are highly susceptible to pathogens. You should keep a close eye on your youngster and ensure that he is free of diseases.
Symptoms parents should watch out for
The greatest thing parents can do is keep an eye out for any or all of these symptoms while taking the required safeguards.
- Fever in the first month
- Throat irritation
- Breathing problems
- Feeding problems
- Loss of weight
- Urination is less frequent.
- Long snoozes
- Crying non-stop
- Irritable behavior
Precautions to help parents:
Parents should take a few easy but vital precautions to protect their newborns from infections and illnesses.
- Stick to the vaccination schedule as closely as possible, and don't skip or forget any vaccinations.
- When holding a baby, always wash your hands. Because the newborn's gut bacteria is still forming, children and teenagers, in particular, should be urged to wash their hands before touching a baby.
- People with respiratory problems or contagious infections should keep a safe distance from the infant.
- Inform visitors about the safety procedures to be followed to keep the newborn safe.
- Bathe your child regularly.
- Maintain the baby's personal and oral hygiene.
- Maintain your baby's freshness at all times. When new wipes are needed, use them.
Kissing infants has considerable risks, and kissing your baby on the lips makes matters worse. However, this does not rule out the possibility of kissing your child. You are free to snuggle with your infant to your heart's delight if you follow the precautions stated above.
- Rockims Team
- Tags: baby baby care baby clothes Baby clothing baby dresses baby first walker Baby Footwear baby hat baby saftey baby shoes baby skincare babystroller bath accessories bed bumpers bedding essentials bedding set building blocks children territory clothes Clothing clothing set educational toys games infant care Kids clothing kissing to baby learning toys newborn newborn clothes
Why Do People Think Kids Toys are a Good Idea?
Have you ever seen that shine in children's eyes when they look at toys? Learning through play is an integral part of a child's development. Toys provide an opportunity for children to learn. The best toys engage a child’s senses, spark their imaginations and encourage them to interact with others. Toys can help children learn many skills in their lives. Babies are eager to learn; everything they see is a new learning experience for them. A new shape, color, texture, and taste everything is new for them.
Here is why people think toys are good for kids:
- Boosts IQ: Toys are created in a way that they increase their hand-eye coordination, memorization, motor skills, and identification skills. Since toys are made for fun it makes their learning interesting.
- Development of their senses: educational toys develop kids the sense of touch, sight, and hearing. For example, bright toys with different colors enhance the sense of sight. Thus this helps children develop their communication skills.
- Develop problem-solving skills: educational toys challenge the mind of the child. Following the step by step sequence in solving wooden puzzle encourage children to think. The more complicated a puzzle is the more energy, attention, and thinking are required from children.
- Enhances creativity: kids are born curious and to find answers to their questions they explore their surroundings. With fun educational toys they experience safe imaginative play, creative designing and building, experimentation, and exploration.
- Emotional and social development: educational toys require kids to play and interact with other kids or adults. While playing with others kids develop a social and emotional bond with others. Kids will encounter social and emotional cues such as anger, laughter, and crying. This way, they can understand and adapt to varying emotional situations.
- Improves concentration: Kids' toys make learning fun and manageable, and they increase a child's interest in learning. With these toys, kids can acquire new skills while they enjoy their play.
Here are some toys for kids of various age groups to make their growth years fun and educational
- Nursery mobile: Dancing objects above the baby's head develop attention span and stimulate vision.
- Ring stack: they enjoy putting aiming rings onto their cones thus enhancing their motor skills. It will help them learn about numbers and colors as you count the rings they stack onto the cone.
- Shape sorting toys: Pegboard puzzles, nesting cups or blocks, and buckets with holes for different shaped blocks challenge hand-eye coordination and problem-solving skills.
- Blocks and construction sets: Building blocks encourages problem-solving skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Cards and board games: Encourage cooperation and help your child learn to manage the emotions that come with winning as well as losing.
- Musical instruments: it encourages listening and fine motor skills and helps build attention.
Nevertheless¸ toys are a tool to help kids develop, but it's parents who nurture that growth. When you sit side-by-side with your kids and paint, color, or read a story, you give them the attention they need to build their self-esteem and feel loved and secure. You can find all types of toys clothing and kid’s essential on our website.
ETERNAL KIDS STYLE
Kids fashion has changed drastically all over the world. From colorful prints to vivid watercolors and 3d floral all rage in kid’s fashion. Undoubtedly, our clothing depicts who we are. Kids fashion is becoming big and taking all the attention from designers, manufacturers and retails stores. Many stores have decided to exclusively focus on kids clothing section and offer the wide variety in the same.
Ranging from little boys suits and little girls accessorized clothing to superhero costumes, children clothes satisfy need of the very young. Floristry has become a major theme in recent year. Today young generations are more interested in their clothes thus representing their inclination towards originality and sense of beauty as a matter of fact that most of the children enjoying paying visits to both children’s clothing stores and toy stores. Kids clothing have received so much love and attention that they have relatively become more affordable.
Online stores have made kids clothing easily accessible.
New trends in kids fashion are:
- Floral: Floral prints with bright and vivid colors are perfect trend to give your kid a quirky look that will definitely put your child in a good mood on a bad morning. Flower-inspired prints, dresses are all the rage across the industry, and children are always ready to flaunt it.
- Adult looks: Time is gone when children and parents were drawn towards cartoon printed clothes. Now, the outfit for babies looks like adults but in smaller versions. Kids fashion is bringing many bright shades to the stylish wardrobes; which include: coral, blue, yellow, bright red, mint, black, gray and many more.
- Unisex trend: The boundaries between blue and pink colors for children’s things have been erased. Kids are now offered with unisex options. The tendency is the same as in the fashion of adults.
- Natural textiles: Obviously, we want our kids to be stylish as well as active so designers try to make things for children as natural as possible. The comfortable and stylish options for children do not hinder their movements.
- Accessories: Clothes alone don’t get the job done! Today, fashionable clothes are combinations of wardrobe elements and correctly selected accessories i.e., a purse, glasses, belt, hats, shoes etc.
- Twinning: Fashion designers have simplified the parent’s task. Now babies become small copies of their parents. Parents wear same clothes as of their children and flaunt it on social media with cute captions.
- Classic shirts: Shirts never go out of fashion for boys. They can wear shirt with tie or bow with unbuttoned collar. Every boy’s wardrobe should have classic shirts which they can combine with simple t-shirts.
- Skirts with lining and lace: Skirts are always trendy! Skirts give the little girls Cinderella feel. Skirts can be worn to parks and as regular wear.
Other fashionable bright accessories can be combined with elegant, modest outfits. Headbands, hairpins and scarves will refresh the look. Children territory offers kids clothing online. Buy the latest and trendiest in boys, girls and toddlers clothes with great quality and affordable prices.
- Rockims Team
- Tags: baby clothes baby hat baby shoes babystroller bath toys bath tub beach hat bed bumpers bedding essentials building blocks caps children territory clothes Clothing clothing set dresses educational toys games jackets kid games kids Kids clothing kids shoes learning toys online kids store online shopping party dresses sandals shopping summer
Traits of an expert and trustworthy baby clothes sellerBuying clothes for an infant is indeed a huge taskas it has various stems of the plan to becovered. Since this purchase consumes a lot of time,there are various aspects that you need tofactor in at all times to invest your money in theright place.
Children need a variety of clothes and because theygrow every week, a variety in size is whatyou additionally need to be prepared with, too. Hence,getting in touch with a seller who canoffer you an assortment of garment types at affordablerates is what you need to keep the stockready for your little one to grow and wear.
Here’s what you need to know about an eligible andadept seller to be able to get in touch with them:1- Your first and foremost task needs to be of checkingtheir website in detail and making surethat their profile and existence is legitimate. Sincewe live in digital work, checking and verifyingthe authenticity and credibility of the selling partyis highly crucial before giving your hard-earnedmoney in their hands. Hence, do not forget to go throughthis step as there will be plenty thatyou will be able to discover about the brand and thecompany through this portion of theprocess.
2- A trustworthy seller will always have it all givenon the website. Since they do not believe ininsider dealings, the prices will be written for publicreading and there will be no rigging. Manytimes, sellers bid prices on the basis of the customer’spotential to spend and this is a trap youmust avoid falling into. Make sure you go for onlythat seller who has all the information writtenout for public reading.
3- Instant reply is what you need when you are lookingto buy some clothes for your newborns.Since the companies who reply and help you on a timelybasis manage to gain your trust, goingafter them is what you need to be able to buy thegarments from a trustworthy place. Since youmight need their help to give you suggestions andalso address your queries with regards toexchange and refund - do not keep waiting for thosewho reply late as dealing with suchcompanies can be a nightmarish experience to comeacross.
Call us today to enquire and visit the website orderand shop!
- Rockims Team
- Tags: Baby carrier baby clothes baby hat baby shoes babystroller bath accessories bath toys bath tub beach hat building blocks caps children territory christmas clothes Clothing clothing set educational toys kid games kids outdoor games learning toys online kids store online shopping party dresses picture books Toy phone Walker walking shoes