Why it's a no-no to kiss a newborn infant!
Most of us are aware of the dangers of kissing a baby. The evident reason is that babies are prone to illnesses since their immune system is still developing. Also, they haven't been immunized against many diseases yet, so even a mild kiss could be fatal. Furthermore, hazardous bacteria that are resting on your body and clothes could pass on to the newborn.
This may seem obvious, but let's delve more into the dangers of kissing a baby, the symptoms to look out for, and the safeguards that parents should take.
Risks of kissing a baby
For normal development, newborns require affection. There is nothing wrong with kissing your baby, but you need to be alert to the risks involved, not only as a precaution but also so that you can advise visitors accordingly. The first rule of thumb for kissing a baby is to never kiss a baby near the baby's mouth. Doing so will increase your risk of spreading germs and disease.
So, let's have a look at the actual dangers of kissing a baby:
- Cold sores: This is, without a doubt, the most dangerous of the bunch. If a person has cold sores, also known as oral herpes and fever blisters, they may pass them on to the infant even if they only give a peck on the hand. HSV 1 (Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1) causes the illness, which begins with blisters around the lips and mouth and subsequently spreads to the cheeks and chin. A couple lost their 18-day-old baby to this terrible sickness that was thought to be transmitted through kissing not long ago. So keep your baby away from anyone who has been diagnosed with cold sores or is experiencing symptoms.
- Respiratory illness: It takes around 8 years for the lungs to fully develop, so you can imagine how underdeveloped a newborn's respiratory system is. Any respiratory ailment virus transmitted to the newborn through kissing could be dangerous. The infection could cause swelling in the baby's lungs with tiny air tubes, making breathing difficult for them.
- Kissing disease: Kissing illness, also known as mononucleosis, is an infection transmitted through kissing. Although it is known to afflict teenagers and adults more frequently, it can also harm neonates. The illness causes a runny nose and fussy behavior in infants and toddlers, and in rare situations, it can also cause respiratory difficulties. It is highly contagious and incurable. Only until the child's immune system is strong enough to resist it can it be treated.
- Hand, foot, and mouth disease: Hand, foot, and mouth disease usually occurs at some point in childhood and is characterized by ulcers on the entire body and mouth of the child. This disease can spread by any touch, including a kiss. In such circumstances, children become weary, have a sore throat, and become irritable. They are even afflicted with a fever. Any sick adult or child should avoid coming into close contact with your infant or kissing him, even on his tiny hands.
- Cavities: We all know that a high sugar diet combined with poor dental care can lead to cavities. As new parents, we should be aware that a bacteria known as Streptococcus Mutans can be transmitted to a newborn through the saliva of someone who has cavities. While kissing a newborn might cause the transfer, even simple actions such as blowing on food to chill it down for the baby can cause it.
- Risks associated with skincare products: Skincare products are a necessity for many adults. While we are not immune to the acute dangers that these items pose, babies are not. These items contain harmful chemicals that can cause severe skin problems in babies and possibly put them at risk of developing cancer. It's also worth noting that any ingredient in your lipstick or lip balm could cause an allergic reaction in a newborn.
- Food allergies: Many children and adults suffer from food allergies as a result of one or more foods. People may be unaware that their lipstick contains gluten, which can be dangerous to a child with celiac disease. It's recommended to avoid kissing on or around the baby's lips since you never know what kind of food the person has eaten, and fragments of it could still be lingering in their mouth.
Weakened immune system: Babies are most susceptible to disease during the first several months of life when their gut microbes are still developing. As a result, each child or adult who comes into touch with your newborn must ensure that they have cleaned their hands thoroughly and are free of any indications of disease. It's possible that an adult or child, uninformed of their disease, comes up to the newborn and kisses it.
In this case, babies will be exposed to bacteria and have to fight them with weak immunity. In addition, babies begin receiving immunizations at birth and continue until they reach a specific age, and they require multiple doses for the vaccine to be effective in their bodies. As a result, for the first several months, their bodies have no immunity and are highly susceptible to pathogens. You should keep a close eye on your youngster and ensure that he is free of diseases.
Symptoms parents should watch out for
The greatest thing parents can do is keep an eye out for any or all of these symptoms while taking the required safeguards.
- Fever in the first month
- Throat irritation
- Breathing problems
- Feeding problems
- Loss of weight
- Urination is less frequent.
- Long snoozes
- Crying non-stop
- Irritable behavior
Precautions to help parents:
Parents should take a few easy but vital precautions to protect their newborns from infections and illnesses.
- Stick to the vaccination schedule as closely as possible, and don't skip or forget any vaccinations.
- When holding a baby, always wash your hands. Because the newborn's gut bacteria is still forming, children and teenagers, in particular, should be urged to wash their hands before touching a baby.
- People with respiratory problems or contagious infections should keep a safe distance from the infant.
- Inform visitors about the safety procedures to be followed to keep the newborn safe.
- Bathe your child regularly.
- Maintain the baby's personal and oral hygiene.
- Maintain your baby's freshness at all times. When new wipes are needed, use them.
Kissing infants has considerable risks, and kissing your baby on the lips makes matters worse. However, this does not rule out the possibility of kissing your child. You are free to snuggle with your infant to your heart's delight if you follow the precautions stated above.
- Rockims Team
- Tags: baby baby care baby clothes Baby clothing baby dresses baby first walker Baby Footwear baby hat baby saftey baby shoes baby skincare babystroller bath accessories bed bumpers bedding essentials bedding set building blocks children territory clothes Clothing clothing set educational toys games infant care Kids clothing kissing to baby learning toys newborn newborn clothes
How to Actually Pack Light when Traveling with Kids?
Are you planning an airport journey this holiday season? How about a vacation to Grandma's house? Holiday travel usually means more crowds, traffic, and tones of extra stuff to haul there and back, regardless of where you're going (or how you're getting there). What better time to hone your packing skills than now? We've always admired the families who fly through the airport with only their small backpacks and no large suitcases. When traveling with children, packing light is essential, but it can be difficult when your child wants to bring every item they can find. However, it isn't impossible.
For a stress-free vacation, here's how to pack light for a family trip with kids.
Check the weather: Do you have a summer or winter vacation planned? We recommend that you check the weather forecast for your family's vacation destination before you begin packing. Packing becomes much easier if you know what kind of weather you'll be dealing with, and you can avoid taking goods you won't need. It's not difficult to pack light for warm weather places, but it's not so easy for chilly destinations. Warmth is a concern for your family, yet thick sweaters and jackets may result in heavy luggage. Layering is the key to cold-weather packing. Instead of bringing bulky clothing, choose a few lightweight things that may be layered to provide all the warmth you require.
Light luggage: Every vacation is ruined by large, cumbersome luggage. While it is easier to pack all of your belongings into two large suitcases, they are not particularly easy to transport. Every member of your family should have a lightweight suitcase. Kids enjoy dragging around fun kid's suitcases because it gives them a sense of ownership and responsibility. When everyone carries their bags, life is so much easier.
Mix-match clothing: Before you start packing, consider this bit of advice. When it comes to packing your children's clothes for holidays, be imaginative. Whenever possible, buy kids' apparel that can be mixed and matched. As a result, practically every top can be worn with almost any bottom. Things might become dicey when you start getting into patterns, but they're kids. It's fine if they mix polka dots and camouflage.
We recommend choosing pieces that can be worn in a variety of ways, taking advantage of the layering trend. Girl's dresses, for example, can be worn alone, beneath a turtleneck sweater in the winter, or as a skirt when paired with a top.
Compact containers for travel: We recommend not bringing any toiletries with you when traveling with children because you can buy them anywhere you go. If you insist on transporting your toiletries, pick lightweight travel containers that won't shatter and spill all over your clothes within the suitcase.
Wash and reuse: Another piece of advice to consider before packing a single item is where to stay. We nearly usually stay in serviced apartments with laundry facilities while traveling with little children for more than a few days. Because you can wash and wear your clothes again, this reduces the amount of stuff you need to bring. Even if your lodgings don't have a washer/dryer, almost all hotels provide laundry service or can recommend a local Laundromat.
- Apply All Of The Above To Your Own Suitcase, Too! These suggestions may appear to be focused solely on packing for your children and not much on packing for yourself. But it's all the same advice! Mix and match, buy when you get there, wash and reuse, only bring your favorite pieces, and keep it simple.
- Rockims Team
- Tags: baby bags baby clothes Baby clothing baby dresses baby hat baby shoes babystroller backpack bath accessories bedding essentials children territory Clothing educational toys Family traveling Family vacation kid bags kid games kids luggage outdoor fun outdoor games outdoor play outdoor sports games shopping Traveling
Are you a working mother? Here’s how you can keep up with your new born’s dressing schedule
In this world, where working mothers get to nurture kids while also managing their work, the biggest challenge is to keep up with the newborn’s eating, sleeping and dressing routine. Since every child has its own requirement and style of living, a new parent might have to adjust a few things to balance both personal and work life.
If you are a working mother who is struggling with managing their kid’s dressing schedule then this article is for you. Here’s what you need to learn about their clothing routine to keep things prepared in advance. This will not just give you a better tact for handling your kids but will also give you enough time to focus on your own work, especially when it's time to begin work and there’s nothing that you can afford to do at the last minute.
1- Let's go through some basic tips first to get you going in the right direction. It can indeed be a difficult task for new mothers to keep up with their child’s routine as newborns demand dressing changes a lot of times. The best way to deal with this problem as a new mother is by buying their clothes in bulk. This of course does not mean that you should spend your entire salary on their garments as newborns are always at the edge of growing. All you have to do is keep some extra pairs ready for them at all times so you do not have to worry about rushing to a shop or washing and drying old clothes when they are in an urgent need for a dress change. Apart from this, its always a good idea to keep their used clothes washed and ironed a day in advance so you do not have to worry about your child the next day.
2- Another good thing to do is dividing their wardrobe into two halves. Make departments for day clothes and night clothes so you do not have to keep getting into these segregations and deciding what to change your baby’s clothes into, especially at a tough work hour. If you are in a meeting and you have your child’s closet all set, all you will require to do is put your call on mute and simply take out the right pair for changing.
Do you need some help with buying comfortable and easy-to-change baby clothes including both day and night wear? Get in touch with us today
- Rockims Team
- Tags: baby clothes Baby clothing baby dresses baby hat baby shoes babystroller bath accessories bath toys bath tub bed bumpers bedding set caps children territory clothes Clothing clothing set dresses educational toys games jackets kids Kids clothing kids shoes newborn clothes online kids store online shopping shopping summer
Do you have comfortable baby bedding?
Baby’s comfort is all parents long for and when it comes to baby bedding, it is important that it should be comfortable and of course adorable for the little munchkins. Quality sleep is all baby needs for better growth and wellness. Putting the baby in crib offers many benefits and also it is the act of love and care towards your little one.
So why actually do parents need a baby bedding?
- A protection: - Baby cribs act as protection for your younger ones and safety guardrails add an extra layer of protection while the infant is asleep. According to various researches, experts say it is safer for the baby’s to sleep in cribs instead of adult beds as it may suffocate or choke them.
- Improves sleep: Putting baby in a crib not only protects them but also makes then independent sleeper. Ultimately not everyone is same, some are better sleepers than others but as a parent you can always encourage them to sleep independently. Sleeping in separate bedding will help the toddler learn to put himself to sleep if he wakes up in the middle of the night.
- You get your own space: - After holding and playing with your baby for whole day, as a parent you need your own space. Putting your baby to sleep in a crib helps you get a bed for yourself. You get to stretch your body if your baby is in different bedding.
After getting to know the importance of baby bedding, you also need to know what makes baby bedding more comfortable for your little ones. Here are some tips to choose perfect bedding for your toddler:
- Temperature: - Make sure the crib is not too cold or hot for the child as it may disturb his sleep in middle of the night. Make sure you don’t cover the baby’s head while he is sleeping. We at childrenterritory.com have perfectly carved beds for the newly born so that they do not strangle or suffocate. Also avoid using blankets and use bed sheets instead.
- Size: - While choosing baby bedding make sure to select a size in which your toddler fits in perfectly. Keep in mind that the crib should not be too big or small for the baby. Childrenterritory.com offers size which perfectly fit the babies even if they stretch.
- Material: Look for bed sheet material which is soft and durable and also washable. If choosing a wooden crib, go for a material which is strong, stable and durable. You can find our best selling baby crib made of pinewood and ply wood at childreenterritory.com
- Guardrails: - Keep an eye for safety guardrails so that you sleep carefree at night. We offer guardrails on either side of the bed for added security.
- Do not overcrowd the crib with toys, blankets and pillows.
- Keep the crib in your room for first 6 months.
- Use fitted bed sheets instead of blankets.
- Use feather like baby blankets to cover your munchkin.
To easier your search for baby bedding and the other baby bedding essentials we have everything under one roof for you. Shop your toddler’s bedding at childrenterritery.com
Traits of an expert and trustworthy baby clothes sellerBuying clothes for an infant is indeed a huge taskas it has various stems of the plan to becovered. Since this purchase consumes a lot of time,there are various aspects that you need tofactor in at all times to invest your money in theright place.
Children need a variety of clothes and because theygrow every week, a variety in size is whatyou additionally need to be prepared with, too. Hence,getting in touch with a seller who canoffer you an assortment of garment types at affordablerates is what you need to keep the stockready for your little one to grow and wear.
Here’s what you need to know about an eligible andadept seller to be able to get in touch with them:1- Your first and foremost task needs to be of checkingtheir website in detail and making surethat their profile and existence is legitimate. Sincewe live in digital work, checking and verifyingthe authenticity and credibility of the selling partyis highly crucial before giving your hard-earnedmoney in their hands. Hence, do not forget to go throughthis step as there will be plenty thatyou will be able to discover about the brand and thecompany through this portion of theprocess.
2- A trustworthy seller will always have it all givenon the website. Since they do not believe ininsider dealings, the prices will be written for publicreading and there will be no rigging. Manytimes, sellers bid prices on the basis of the customer’spotential to spend and this is a trap youmust avoid falling into. Make sure you go for onlythat seller who has all the information writtenout for public reading.
3- Instant reply is what you need when you are lookingto buy some clothes for your newborns.Since the companies who reply and help you on a timelybasis manage to gain your trust, goingafter them is what you need to be able to buy thegarments from a trustworthy place. Since youmight need their help to give you suggestions andalso address your queries with regards toexchange and refund - do not keep waiting for thosewho reply late as dealing with suchcompanies can be a nightmarish experience to comeacross.
Call us today to enquire and visit the website orderand shop!
- Rockims Team
- Tags: Baby carrier baby clothes baby hat baby shoes babystroller bath accessories bath toys bath tub beach hat building blocks caps children territory christmas clothes Clothing clothing set educational toys kid games kids outdoor games learning toys online kids store online shopping party dresses picture books Toy phone Walker walking shoes