What causes night sweat in children and how to deal with it!
It has been proven that children require adequate sleep at night for healthy physical and cognitive development. As parents, we make it a point to follow the golden rule of getting our children to sleep for 8 hours per day. The assurance that your child is getting enough sleep is the only way for you to sleep soundly.
However, if you notice that your child is uncomfortable in their sleep or is unable to fall asleep for long periods, you should be concerned. Night sweats in children could be one of the causes of sleep deprivation. Even if their child does not have a fever, parents often become concerned when they see their child's nightgown drenched in sweat.
Night sweating in children is not uncommon. There are many causes of night sweats, so try to figure out what is causing them so you can work on resolving them.
Symptoms of night sweat in kids:
Sweating at night can indicate a variety of conditions. Your child may be fine and dry throughout the day, but while they are fast asleep, they may have:
- Local sweating: This is a lot of sweating in one spot. This could be limited to just the scalp or the entire head, face, and neck. You may discover that your child's pillow is wet while their bed is dry. While sleeping, older children may only sweat in their armpits.
- General sweating: This is a lot of sweating all over the body. Your child's sheets and pillow are sweaty, and their clothing is soaked, but they did not wet the bed.
In addition to sweating, your child may exhibit the following symptoms:
- face or body flushed or red
- warm hands or body
- shivers or clammy skin (due to being soaked in sweat)
- grumpiness or tears in the middle of the night due to excessive sweating
- sleepiness during the day due to excessive sweating at night
Causes of night sweat in kids:
Night sweating can be classified into two types based on the cause:
- Primary sweating is sweating for no apparent reason or because you are overheated.
- Secondary sweating is typically sweating all over due to a medical condition.
Children of all ages experience night sweats. They are common in infants and toddlers. Tucking your child into bed with too many blankets or in an overly warm room can exacerbate night sweating. Little ones have not yet figured out how to wiggle out of bulky clothing and bedding.
As a reminder, babies under the age of one should not have any pillows, blankets, or other items in their crib.
Even though you have turned down the heat and your child is wearing a light flannel onesie, they are still leaving damp sweat marks on their pillow. Night sweats in children can occur for no apparent reason.
Because they are smaller humans, your toddler or young child has more sweat glands per square foot than adults. Furthermore, their tiny bodies have not yet mastered the art of balancing body temperature as expertly as adult bodies have. This can result in nighttime sweating for no apparent reason.
On a genetic level, your mini-me may be a miniature version of you. If you tend to sweat a lot, it may run in your family. Your child may have the same healthy genes that cause sweat glands to work excessively.
Your child's nighttime sweats could be the result of a cold. The common cold is typically a virus infection. Colds are most common in children under the age of six, but everyone gets a cold two or three times a year. Symptoms typically last about a week.
Other cold symptoms that your child may experience include:
- runny nose, stuffy nose
- sinus congestion
- a sore throat
- a cough
- body aches (though this is more often associated with the flu)
NOSE, THROAT, AND LUNG HEALTH
Night sweating in children may also be associated with other common health problems. These are most likely related to the nose, throat, and lungs — the respiratory system.
Not every child with these medical conditions will experience night sweats. However, children who had night sweats were more likely to have other health issues, such as:
- Allergies \ asthma
- Allergies cause runny noses
- Allergic skin reactions such as eczema.
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Anger or temper issues
With a few exceptions, you can see that the majority of these involve the nose, throat, or lungs.
Because of hormonal changes, older children may experience night sweats. Puberty can begin as early as 8 years of age for girls and 9 years of age for boys. For parents, this often-feared change begins with more hormones.
To begin with, puberty can cause more general sweating or just nighttime sweating. The difference is that the sweat may have a — ahem — smell to it. If your child begins to have body odor, the cause of the night sweats could be puberty making an appearance in your child's life.
SENSITIVE OR INFLAMED LUNGS
Now we're getting into more serious territory, but keep in mind that these things are also quite rare.
Hypersensitivity pneumonitis (HP) is a type of allergy-like lung inflammation (swelling and redness). It can occur as a result of inhaling dust or mold.
This condition can affect both adults and children. HP may appear to be pneumonia or a chest infection, but it is not an infection and does not respond to antibiotics.
HP can start 2 to 9 hours after inhaling dust or mold. Symptoms usually go away on their own after 1 to 3 days if the source is removed. Children with asthma and other allergies are more likely to develop HP.
Along with night sweats, your child may experience the following symptoms:
- shortness of breath,
- and fatigue
TREATMENT OF NIGHT SWEATS IN KIDS
Your child most likely does not require any treatment. Many children, particularly boys, sweat on occasion and even regularly while sleeping.
Try wearing more breathable, lighter pajamas, using lighter bedding, and turning down the heat at night.
If your child has a virus, such as a cold or flu, the night sweats will stop once the virus is gone.
Children's night sweats can occur for a variety of reasons. Sometimes children, particularly boys, sweat at night for no apparent reason. In most cases, your child will not require treatment for nighttime sweating.
As always, if you have any concerns, consult your pediatrician. They are there to assist you in raising a happy, healthy child.
Buy lightweight clothing and breathable bedding for your kids here. We make pure cotton clothing so that your kid is comfortable and does not sweat at night.
Why it's a no-no to kiss a newborn infant!
Most of us are aware of the dangers of kissing a baby. The evident reason is that babies are prone to illnesses since their immune system is still developing. Also, they haven't been immunized against many diseases yet, so even a mild kiss could be fatal. Furthermore, hazardous bacteria that are resting on your body and clothes could pass on to the newborn.
This may seem obvious, but let's delve more into the dangers of kissing a baby, the symptoms to look out for, and the safeguards that parents should take.
Risks of kissing a baby
For normal development, newborns require affection. There is nothing wrong with kissing your baby, but you need to be alert to the risks involved, not only as a precaution but also so that you can advise visitors accordingly. The first rule of thumb for kissing a baby is to never kiss a baby near the baby's mouth. Doing so will increase your risk of spreading germs and disease.
So, let's have a look at the actual dangers of kissing a baby:
- Cold sores: This is, without a doubt, the most dangerous of the bunch. If a person has cold sores, also known as oral herpes and fever blisters, they may pass them on to the infant even if they only give a peck on the hand. HSV 1 (Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1) causes the illness, which begins with blisters around the lips and mouth and subsequently spreads to the cheeks and chin. A couple lost their 18-day-old baby to this terrible sickness that was thought to be transmitted through kissing not long ago. So keep your baby away from anyone who has been diagnosed with cold sores or is experiencing symptoms.
- Respiratory illness: It takes around 8 years for the lungs to fully develop, so you can imagine how underdeveloped a newborn's respiratory system is. Any respiratory ailment virus transmitted to the newborn through kissing could be dangerous. The infection could cause swelling in the baby's lungs with tiny air tubes, making breathing difficult for them.
- Kissing disease: Kissing illness, also known as mononucleosis, is an infection transmitted through kissing. Although it is known to afflict teenagers and adults more frequently, it can also harm neonates. The illness causes a runny nose and fussy behavior in infants and toddlers, and in rare situations, it can also cause respiratory difficulties. It is highly contagious and incurable. Only until the child's immune system is strong enough to resist it can it be treated.
- Hand, foot, and mouth disease: Hand, foot, and mouth disease usually occurs at some point in childhood and is characterized by ulcers on the entire body and mouth of the child. This disease can spread by any touch, including a kiss. In such circumstances, children become weary, have a sore throat, and become irritable. They are even afflicted with a fever. Any sick adult or child should avoid coming into close contact with your infant or kissing him, even on his tiny hands.
- Cavities: We all know that a high sugar diet combined with poor dental care can lead to cavities. As new parents, we should be aware that a bacteria known as Streptococcus Mutans can be transmitted to a newborn through the saliva of someone who has cavities. While kissing a newborn might cause the transfer, even simple actions such as blowing on food to chill it down for the baby can cause it.
- Risks associated with skincare products: Skincare products are a necessity for many adults. While we are not immune to the acute dangers that these items pose, babies are not. These items contain harmful chemicals that can cause severe skin problems in babies and possibly put them at risk of developing cancer. It's also worth noting that any ingredient in your lipstick or lip balm could cause an allergic reaction in a newborn.
- Food allergies: Many children and adults suffer from food allergies as a result of one or more foods. People may be unaware that their lipstick contains gluten, which can be dangerous to a child with celiac disease. It's recommended to avoid kissing on or around the baby's lips since you never know what kind of food the person has eaten, and fragments of it could still be lingering in their mouth.
Weakened immune system: Babies are most susceptible to disease during the first several months of life when their gut microbes are still developing. As a result, each child or adult who comes into touch with your newborn must ensure that they have cleaned their hands thoroughly and are free of any indications of disease. It's possible that an adult or child, uninformed of their disease, comes up to the newborn and kisses it.
In this case, babies will be exposed to bacteria and have to fight them with weak immunity. In addition, babies begin receiving immunizations at birth and continue until they reach a specific age, and they require multiple doses for the vaccine to be effective in their bodies. As a result, for the first several months, their bodies have no immunity and are highly susceptible to pathogens. You should keep a close eye on your youngster and ensure that he is free of diseases.
Symptoms parents should watch out for
The greatest thing parents can do is keep an eye out for any or all of these symptoms while taking the required safeguards.
- Fever in the first month
- Throat irritation
- Breathing problems
- Feeding problems
- Loss of weight
- Urination is less frequent.
- Long snoozes
- Crying non-stop
- Irritable behavior
Precautions to help parents:
Parents should take a few easy but vital precautions to protect their newborns from infections and illnesses.
- Stick to the vaccination schedule as closely as possible, and don't skip or forget any vaccinations.
- When holding a baby, always wash your hands. Because the newborn's gut bacteria is still forming, children and teenagers, in particular, should be urged to wash their hands before touching a baby.
- People with respiratory problems or contagious infections should keep a safe distance from the infant.
- Inform visitors about the safety procedures to be followed to keep the newborn safe.
- Bathe your child regularly.
- Maintain the baby's personal and oral hygiene.
- Maintain your baby's freshness at all times. When new wipes are needed, use them.
Kissing infants has considerable risks, and kissing your baby on the lips makes matters worse. However, this does not rule out the possibility of kissing your child. You are free to snuggle with your infant to your heart's delight if you follow the precautions stated above.
- Rockims Team
- Tags: baby baby care baby clothes Baby clothing baby dresses baby first walker Baby Footwear baby hat baby saftey baby shoes baby skincare babystroller bath accessories bed bumpers bedding essentials bedding set building blocks children territory clothes Clothing clothing set educational toys games infant care Kids clothing kissing to baby learning toys newborn newborn clothes
Are you a working mother? Here’s how you can keep up with your new born’s dressing schedule
In this world, where working mothers get to nurture kids while also managing their work, the biggest challenge is to keep up with the newborn’s eating, sleeping and dressing routine. Since every child has its own requirement and style of living, a new parent might have to adjust a few things to balance both personal and work life.
If you are a working mother who is struggling with managing their kid’s dressing schedule then this article is for you. Here’s what you need to learn about their clothing routine to keep things prepared in advance. This will not just give you a better tact for handling your kids but will also give you enough time to focus on your own work, especially when it's time to begin work and there’s nothing that you can afford to do at the last minute.
1- Let's go through some basic tips first to get you going in the right direction. It can indeed be a difficult task for new mothers to keep up with their child’s routine as newborns demand dressing changes a lot of times. The best way to deal with this problem as a new mother is by buying their clothes in bulk. This of course does not mean that you should spend your entire salary on their garments as newborns are always at the edge of growing. All you have to do is keep some extra pairs ready for them at all times so you do not have to worry about rushing to a shop or washing and drying old clothes when they are in an urgent need for a dress change. Apart from this, its always a good idea to keep their used clothes washed and ironed a day in advance so you do not have to worry about your child the next day.
2- Another good thing to do is dividing their wardrobe into two halves. Make departments for day clothes and night clothes so you do not have to keep getting into these segregations and deciding what to change your baby’s clothes into, especially at a tough work hour. If you are in a meeting and you have your child’s closet all set, all you will require to do is put your call on mute and simply take out the right pair for changing.
Do you need some help with buying comfortable and easy-to-change baby clothes including both day and night wear? Get in touch with us today
- Rockims Team
- Tags: baby clothes Baby clothing baby dresses baby hat baby shoes babystroller bath accessories bath toys bath tub bed bumpers bedding set caps children territory clothes Clothing clothing set dresses educational toys games jackets kids Kids clothing kids shoes newborn clothes online kids store online shopping shopping summer
Baby clothes shopping: How to buy fancy and classy outfits for your newborns
Each new parent wants to dress up his or her child in a beautiful and stylish outfit. And while the appearance of the outfit matters the most, you should never forget that the style must also be accompanied by comfort so that your child does not stay irritated and uncomfortable while wearing it.
There are plenty of sellers who offer you a wide range of stylish clothes for your child’s first ceremonies, parties, and other functions. But if you wish to go for something that has an extraordinary and cute appearance then you must also check the convenience part of it to ensure your child enjoys wearing the outfit.
Here are a few tips you can utilize while buying fancy and party wear clothes for your newborn:
1- Newborns usually do not want to be taken to parties or places with massive crowds as they prefer being in their own zone, sleeping and resting throughout the time. But in case you are throwing a party as their birth celebration or there’s an important lunch or dinner which you as a family cannot skip, then buying something for them is a requirement you cannot put at bay. In these situations, go for something that is not too heavy as newborns would not be able to carry it with ease and comfort. You can go with basics that look a bit more stylish than regular casuals so you are able to give your child a unique appearance in them.
2- A lot of baby clothes manufacturers and sellers today offer fancy clothes for newborns. These are not very heavy in weight and also offer a great fit. Since modern times have come up with great alternatives, today, there’s nothing better than finding a store that holds the capacity to provide you with what you are looking for. While all is well with fancy clothes if you are buying them from a trusted seller, just one aspect with which you need to thoroughly check with them is the comfort. The outfits must not be too heavy on your child and should make them feel soft and light so they do not get any allergies, skin infections or rashes.
Do you need help dressing up your kid like a star? Get in touch with us to get a wide range of variety to select your child’s outfit from. Call today or visit the website.
Things to consider before buying kids clothes!
Purchasing clothes for baby is not as easy as one thinks. You are spoilt for choices after stepping inside kid’s clothing store or visiting a kid’s clothing website. Buying kids' clothes is an investment, and investment should help reap benefits. Parents want their kid's clothes to be cute, trendy, comfortable, and durable at the same time.
So it is a good idea to consider several factors when you plan to shop for your kids. The biggest challenge that people face when shopping for baby clothes is the inability to pick the correct size. Other parents don’t have time to visit different stores in search of fitting clothes. If you’re in this situation, why not buy the clothes at an online baby shop. It’ll save your time, money and still offer a variety of products.
Here are a few tips for buying kids' clothes:
Fabric: Kids have a tender and soft skin that’s highly sensitive. While shopping for little munchkin, comfort is something parents give utmost importance. Fashion is all about being comfortable. You may have come across this line many times and believed every word. Imagine your daughter cutting her birthday cake in beautiful pink dress but is cranky and doesn’t smile at all. Later, you realize that rough linen of the gown made her skin sweaty and sticky. Kid’s skin is sensitive so it’s always a wise choice to opt for soft fabric. Cotton can be your go to fabric. Cotton is super comfy and gentle on your baby’s delicate skin. It also gives the skin enough room to breathe and is suitable to wear in any climate, unlike chiffon or georgette. No one likes wearing scratchy and itchy clothes, so choose the ones which have more cotton Please avoid styling your kids in dresses that cost them their comfort.
The size: The clothes you buy for your child should be comfortable. They should also fit them to size. Yes, when people say that children grow like weeds, they’re not joking. They grow rapidly and will fit into them sooner than you think. You may have to keep their favorite dress in the corner of your wardrobe just because they grew bigger. Parents should buy dresses at least one size bigger for your little one. The pace at which children grow is fast, and there is no point stocking up the same sizes. Shop for kid's clothes which are slightly larger and of free size as it will save time, money and offer them more comfort.
The budget: We cannot ignore the fact that kids grow fast, and there is no point in spending too much at a time. Your baby will grow up in next few months and then you will again visit the shopping centre searching for new clothes. Everything looks beautiful and alluring in kid’s store. But before pulling that beautiful romper or top down ask yourself, ‘is it really required?’ If your budget is tight, consider doing the shopping online. However, never compromise the quality of these clothes for the price. Remember, babies have soft and sensitive skin. Therefore, choose affordable but quality baby clothes. There are a lot of reliable and affordable sites available for buying kids' clothes online.
Quality and durability: Kids love playing, and of course, they end up getting dirty. Hence, along with the appearance of the clothes you will also have to make sure about their quality and how long they will last. Staying away from thin material clothes will save the parents from needless hassles.
- Daily wear: Kids find it difficult to digest food without wiping hands on their pyjamas. Access to crayons and sketch pens triggers the fashion designer in them and then you get extra 2-3 flowers on the shirts and the tops. These types of stains are so stubborn that they don’t go away with multiple washes. Having an extra pair of vests, pyjamas and tops in stock is more important than having a fashionable dress.
As a parent, it’s hard to find perfect clothes for your kids. Whether it’s a baby or a toddler, you want a fitting cloth that’s comfortable and highly durable. As such, you want a source of clothes that offers variety at cheaper rates and without compromising on quality. That’s why most parents trust online baby shops to buy clothes for their kids. No point strolling through shops for finding the best clothes for your kids. We bring you the best online kids shopping store - Children Territory.
ETERNAL KIDS STYLE
Kids fashion has changed drastically all over the world. From colorful prints to vivid watercolors and 3d floral all rage in kid’s fashion. Undoubtedly, our clothing depicts who we are. Kids fashion is becoming big and taking all the attention from designers, manufacturers and retails stores. Many stores have decided to exclusively focus on kids clothing section and offer the wide variety in the same.
Ranging from little boys suits and little girls accessorized clothing to superhero costumes, children clothes satisfy need of the very young. Floristry has become a major theme in recent year. Today young generations are more interested in their clothes thus representing their inclination towards originality and sense of beauty as a matter of fact that most of the children enjoying paying visits to both children’s clothing stores and toy stores. Kids clothing have received so much love and attention that they have relatively become more affordable.
Online stores have made kids clothing easily accessible.
New trends in kids fashion are:
- Floral: Floral prints with bright and vivid colors are perfect trend to give your kid a quirky look that will definitely put your child in a good mood on a bad morning. Flower-inspired prints, dresses are all the rage across the industry, and children are always ready to flaunt it.
- Adult looks: Time is gone when children and parents were drawn towards cartoon printed clothes. Now, the outfit for babies looks like adults but in smaller versions. Kids fashion is bringing many bright shades to the stylish wardrobes; which include: coral, blue, yellow, bright red, mint, black, gray and many more.
- Unisex trend: The boundaries between blue and pink colors for children’s things have been erased. Kids are now offered with unisex options. The tendency is the same as in the fashion of adults.
- Natural textiles: Obviously, we want our kids to be stylish as well as active so designers try to make things for children as natural as possible. The comfortable and stylish options for children do not hinder their movements.
- Accessories: Clothes alone don’t get the job done! Today, fashionable clothes are combinations of wardrobe elements and correctly selected accessories i.e., a purse, glasses, belt, hats, shoes etc.
- Twinning: Fashion designers have simplified the parent’s task. Now babies become small copies of their parents. Parents wear same clothes as of their children and flaunt it on social media with cute captions.
- Classic shirts: Shirts never go out of fashion for boys. They can wear shirt with tie or bow with unbuttoned collar. Every boy’s wardrobe should have classic shirts which they can combine with simple t-shirts.
- Skirts with lining and lace: Skirts are always trendy! Skirts give the little girls Cinderella feel. Skirts can be worn to parks and as regular wear.
Other fashionable bright accessories can be combined with elegant, modest outfits. Headbands, hairpins and scarves will refresh the look. Children territory offers kids clothing online. Buy the latest and trendiest in boys, girls and toddlers clothes with great quality and affordable prices.
- Rockims Team
- Tags: baby clothes baby hat baby shoes babystroller bath toys bath tub beach hat bed bumpers bedding essentials building blocks caps children territory clothes Clothing clothing set dresses educational toys games jackets kid games kids Kids clothing kids shoes learning toys online kids store online shopping party dresses sandals shopping summer